FIVE TIPS TO NEW BLOGGERS
As a fairly new blogger myself I would have loved to have known a few of these things before I started myself. So I thought why not jot them down! Blogging is hard work, and personally any tips are good tips to me!
Here are a couple things I wish I would have known…
- Time management- If JayCee and I plan ahead for our posts for the following 2-3 weeks things always go more smoothly! Being able to sit down and see it on a calendar helps so much. That way we don’t have too many of the same thing going on at one time. We have noticed that if we switch up our blog posts topics through out the week we have more success. A couple outfits/fashion related posts, a beauty post and a mother/family post is usually what we have found works best for us.
- Get REAL- Bar none our highest views come from the posts where we have really been vulnerable with our readers. Personal stories always grab my attention…no wonder it works for everyone else! People like to hear that your not perfect and you have problems just like everyone else! I don’t think every post should be a sob story but a touch of drama every once in a while just might do the trick!
- Stay true to yourself- As far as our fashion related posts go, if I stick to my true style I feel I get more feedback. Sponsored posts are awesome because they can be free clothing, or even better a paid post, but if I am wearing things that are not true to my style it kind of defeats the purpose. Fashion is my passion, I find pure joy in putting together a outfit, not something someone told me to wear!
- NETWORKING- This is the big one guys! Seriously as soon as I started networking with other bloggers our readers grew immensely! We are all here doing the same thing…so why not help each other…and then you get help in return! Getting feedback from other bloggers has helped so much, who better to receive advice from then those who have been there and done that.
- Comment on other blogs, they will most likely return the favor!
- Join link up parties! (Just google search for example “fashion link up parties”)
- Comment and like similar bloggers instagrams! 🙂
- REMEMBER…you have to do the work to get it in return…at least for awhile! 🙂